Virgo Girl Media (VGM) is a lifestyle blog devoted to business owners, entrepreneur, authors, and bloggers who are looking to expand their business. Created by Authoress Missy B. Salick, the Virgo Girl blog encourages empowerment, wellness, and stress-free living while building a brand and empire.
Defining a Clear Content and Blog Strategy
VGM’s president and CEO pride herself is having an engaging industry-specific blog while spotlighting its target audience of entrepreneurs, bloggers, and authors. It was crucial for VGM to have a defined blog content strategy that would gain them industry credibility.
The blog content strategy included:
- Defining specific industry keywords that answered our audience’s questions and creating valuable content.
- Creating and holding guest writers and staff accountable for blog submission and deadlines through a detailed editorial calendar.
- Implementing a style guide to ensure a comprehensive blog design.
- Promoting blog articles in emails and on social media channels using best practices for each specific platform.
Setting a Social Media Plan
Growing and engaging with our target audience on social media was a need to grow VGM’s blog readership and increase visibility to marketing qualified leads.
We did this by:
- Promoting each blog article on social media platforms at optimal times of day and using specific industry and trending hashtags.
- Directly engaging with people we highlighted in our blog content, our audience and social media influencers on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook, to encourage them to re-share our blog posts.
- Creating a monthly newsletter that highlights the latest blog articles.
- Hosting campaigns, blogger and author tours and contest on social media that highlight industry partnerships and increase brand visibility.
Measuring Results Staying on Timeline
With so many moving parts, it was important that VGM’s internal staff, who all worked remotely, stay on task and communicate effectively.
- Google Analytics, where we identified key benchmarks to analyze traffic to the website, social media and blog articles.
- Weekly email status updates from each staff.
- Interactive Trello boards and a shared detailed editorial calendar.
Featured on my blog
My experience as a pregnant nurse working in one of NYC’s busiest emergency departments during the COVID pandemic of 2020.
Here is what I wish I knew before starting my journey to become a LPN at LaGuardia Community College.
See how I helped this fishing charter business create a website, social media presence to generate organic local leads.